Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Antonakos <ja...@mni.gr> on 2004/06/03 13:12:46 UTC

How can i avoid the use of & in a drop down box ?

We have some drop down boxes in our jsp's which take
data straight from the DB. Some of those data contain
the character &. (eg John & me).
We use a javascript array to store these data for internal
use in the page. The struts format those data.
When we use these data in a drop down (html select) appears
as (John &amp; me) which obviously does not look good.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening ?
Can we say to the struts NOT to format the data coming from
the java objects ?

John Antonakos
Software Engineer
Information Systems Department
MedNet International Ltd www.mni.gr
Tel. (+30) 210 6232085
Fax (+30) 210 6232026
Email: jantonak@mni.gr

Re: How can i avoid the use of & in a drop down box ?

Posted by Srinivas Rao <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John,
It is possible but i am not sure it is working or not ....
before inset into the database we will use Single quate( '  ' ) to store the data, after u can access '&' symble from the database..

bye
Srinivas

John Antonakos <ja...@mni.gr> wrote:
We have some drop down boxes in our jsp's which take
data straight from the DB. Some of those data contain
the character &. (eg John & me).
We use a javascript array to store these data for internal
use in the page. The struts format those data.
When we use these data in a drop down (html select) appears
as (John & me) which obviously does not look good.