Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org> on 2005/10/01 20:55:20 UTC

Re: Output from "cron" command

So apparently the whole WC was locked for some reason.  Had to do a cleanup
and then an update to get it consistent and usable again.  This has caused us
to miss the last several nightly runs and today's weekly.  I'm guessing the
issue is that there's other things using the release user's copy of cvshead,
but I haven't looked into it.

Does anyone know how to get the HEAD revision of a remote repo path easily?
Right now we have a checked out copy that we update then do "svnversion" on,
but it'd be nice to be able to do "svnversion http://..." or "svn info
http://...".

To answer my own question a little, right now on the zones box we have the
1.1.4 svn client which doesn't allow those things.  However, the 1.2.x clients
do.  "svn info http://..." returns the normal info and we could parse out
"^Revision: (\d+)" to get the info, thereby skipping all the issues with
having a working copy and such on disk.  I wonder how we'd get that
upgraded...

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Never trust any computer you can lift."        - Gordon Wolfe

Re: Output from "cron" command

Posted by Nix <ni...@esperi.org.uk>.
On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Theo Van Dinter murmured woefully:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 05:10:39PM +0100, Nix wrote:
>> Something like
>> svn info https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk | grep Revision | cut -d: -f2
>> works for me.
>
> Yeah, at the bottom of my mail I mentioned that the above works for 1.2
> clients

Um, yes, you did, didn't you. Sorry for the noise.

(I'll learn to read one of these days...)

--
`Next: FEMA neglects to take into account the possibility of
fire in Old Balsawood Town (currently in its fifth year of drought

Re: Output from "cron" command

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 05:10:39PM +0100, Nix wrote:
> Something like
> svn info https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk | grep Revision | cut -d: -f2
> works for me.

Yeah, at the bottom of my mail I mentioned that the above works for 1.2
clients, but the 1.1 client on the zones machine doesn't like to do info
against remote paths. :(  The solution may just be upgrading the client to
1.2...

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"It's the ego trip of the century to write your own operating

Re: Output from "cron" command

Posted by Nix <ni...@esperi.org.uk>.
> Does anyone know how to get the HEAD revision of a remote repo path easily?
> Right now we have a checked out copy that we update then do "svnversion" on,
> but it'd be nice to be able to do "svnversion http://..." or "svn info

Something like

svn info https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk | grep Revision | cut -d: -f2

works for me.

(The Last Changed Rev or Last Changed Date fields may also be useful,
perhaps to compare it against the svnversion of a working tree to tell
if it's worth rerunning a test build or something like that.)