Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by raymond edwards <gu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/20 16:45:27 UTC

SearchSave

I have downloaded recent Open Office but why can I not save any additional
text to a document?

Re: SearchSave

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 16:15:14 +0000
raymond edwards <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1/ One document

So the problem is specific to that document.

> 2/ not sure what you mean, it states In the event of my death docx. open office writer

OK, it is not locked by a left-over lock file.  Why work in .docx format?

Try /File /Save As and select .odt format.  If it works in that format, continue working in it; when the document is finished, try saving as .doc (MS Word 97/2000/XP)

> 3/ yes I have working on before and paragraphs are installed via ENTER

Had you been using Shift Enter to mark paragraphs, you might have reached the 64KB paragraph limit, but that doesn't apply, from what you have written.

You could also try opening a blank .odt document, then in the "bad" document Ctrl A to select all, Ctrl C to copy the text, switch to the blank document then Ctrl V to paste the text.  The Save the new document and work on in .odt format.

RoryOF

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: SearchSave