Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 12:11:29 UTC

[Axis2] Use of correct case for MIME headers

Hi all,
When sending MIME messages Axis2 sets the mime part headers as
"content-type" & "content-id" which are incorrect according to the [1]
& [2]. They should be "Content-Type" and "Content-ID" respectively.

Shall I go ahead and make the change in Axiom.. ..

Thilina.
[1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_2_Multipart.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2392.txt

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [Axis2] Use of correct case for MIME headers

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
 Even in mail transport headers, RFC says headers should be named as you
mentioned. Like "Content-Disposition".

+1

Saminda

On 4/3/07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> +1!
>
> Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > +1
> >

> > On 4/3/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I guess so... +1
> >>
> >> -- dims

> [1]

> >> http://thilinag.blogspot.com

> >> --
> >> Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services
> >> Developers

Saminda Abeyruwan

Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. - www.wso2.org

Re: [Axis2] Use of correct case for MIME headers

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
+1!

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 4/3/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess so... +1
>
> -- dims
>
> On 4/3/07, Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > When sending MIME messages Axis2 sets the mime part headers as
> > "content-type" & "content-id" which are incorrect according to the [1]
> > & [2]. They should be "Content-Type" and "Content-ID" respectively.
> >
> > Shall I go ahead and make the change in Axiom.. ..
> >
> > Thilina.
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_2_Multipart.html
> > [2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2392.txt
> >
> > --
> > Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

> Davanum Srinivas :: http://wso2.org/ :: Oxygen for Web Services Developers

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: [Axis2] Use of correct case for MIME headers

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I guess so... +1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I guess so... +1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
SAAJ Specification is inconsistent with itself...with it's RI and with
it's TCK. See [1] for details.

-- dims

[1] http://blogs.cocoondev.org/dims/archives/004755.html

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK Content-ID is the correct one.. See the section 2 of [1]..

Thanks,
Thilina
[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2392.txt

Posted by sumedha rubasinghe <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Done...

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Done...

Posted by Alexander Veit <al...@dev.unitedplanet.de>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:

> Hi all,
> When sending MIME messages Axis2 sets the mime part headers as
> "content-type" & "content-id" which are incorrect according to the [1]
> & [2]. They should be "Content-Type" and "Content-ID" respectively.
>
> Shall I go ahead and make the change in Axiom.. ..

Yes , please do so b4 1.2.3 release.

Thanks
Deepal