Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/07/21 15:09:41 UTC

Cocoon CLI crawls... to a halt?

   <action dev="NKB" type="update">
     Made docs target use logging to file via the logkit.xconf
     and added informative System.out messages for the
     commandline cocoon (Main.java).
   </action>

Please try the docs target, and be prepared to be amazed on how much
time Cocoon spends in link crawling versus generation...
...*if* I made the right comments come out ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Cocoon CLI crawls... to a halt?

Posted by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>   <action dev="NKB" type="update">
>     Made docs target use logging to file via the logkit.xconf
>     and added informative System.out messages for the
>     commandline cocoon (Main.java).
>   </action>
>
> Please try the docs target, and be prepared to be amazed on how much
> time Cocoon spends in link crawling versus generation...
> ...*if* I made the right comments come out ;-)

hi,
as noted by carsten,
cocoon is requested :
1. for the link response,
2. via getType() to get the mime type, using NullOutputStream
3. via getPage() to store the page in the file system

this might explain that the CLI impl is a bit slow

bye bernhard