Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 16:29:06 UTC

Re: svn commit: r775049 - in /maven/plugins/trunk/maven-checkstyle-plugin: ./ src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/checkstyle/ src/main/resources/config/ src/test/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/checkstyle/

2009/5/20 Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>:
> This change [1] breaks the site generation for a lot of projects.
>  Specifically, the checkstyle plugin config in the maven parent pom depends
> on the file maven_checks.xml in trunk of the checkstyle plugin.  This should
> probably be changed in the parent pom to point to a more stable location.
>  It looks like the error is caused by the addition of JavadocPackage which
> doesn't exist in earlier versions of checkstyle.  Here is the error message:
>
>> [INFO] An error has occurred in Checkstyle report generation.
>>
>> Embedded error: Failed during checkstyle configuration
>> Unable to instantiate JavadocPackageCheck
>
> I tried Dennis' suggestion to set allowLegacy to true, but I still get the
> same error.  Note: to reproduce this, the site needs to be generated with
> reporting turned on (mvn site:site -Preporting)
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/plugins/trunk/maven-checkstyle-plugin/src/main/resources/config/maven_checks.xml?r1=680642&r2=775049

Just noticed this thread after posting a proposed solution to mojo-dev:
http://markmail.org/message/qnipbser4hktewvq

Mark

Posted by Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>.
2009/5/20 Mark Hobson <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Just noticed this thread after posting a proposed solution to mojo-dev:
> http://markmail.org/message/qnipbser4hktewvq

I've fixed this in mojo-parent, do you want me to also apply the fix
to maven-parent and deploy a new snapshot?

Mark