Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shuja Rehman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/26 12:15:45 UTC

External Table

Hi
I have a Questions about external tables

Suppose I have this kind of directory structure in hdfs.

/user/Mydata/Data1/part-000
/user/Mydata/Data1/part-001
/user/Mydata/Data1/part-002

1- I have created the external table and point to directory
"/user/Mydata/Data1" of hdfs to load data. Hive will load the data from all
files in this folder while creating the table. Now suppose the new
directories are created in the same location like this

/user/Mydata/Data2/part-000
/user/Mydata/Data2/part-001

Now, Data2 directory is created in the Mydata directory. how to load data
from this new directory into same table?
--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig

Re: External Table