Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com> on 2010/09/08 01:35:28 UTC

Upgrading from 1.1

Hey folks,

I'm reading up on how to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.1.  We currently have a problem where snapshots aren't being removed and I read that a bug was fixed to address this.

However, the documentation to upgrade to 1.3 is a little vague regarding updating the field lengths in the derby DB.  I'm following the documentation here:
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/upgrade.html

"If upgrading from a version lower than 1.2.2, you might also need to alter the lengths of the above fields as there is no upgrade task currently available for this."

How is it recommended that I do this?  I've got the Derby "ij" console running but the JNDI configuration in jetty.xml reads:
<Set name="url">jdbc:derby:<SystemProperty name="appserver.base" default=".."/>/data/databases/archiva</Set>

There is no port, so I've tried a few options, but so far I always get "Connection refused".  These are the connect driver/urls I've tried (where "<server>" is the hostname to my server running Archiva):
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://<server>/data/databases/archiva';
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby://<server>:1527/data/databases/archiva';

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Ryan Shelley

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com>.
Thanks Brett... I appreciate the clarification!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
From http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/repositories.html:

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com>.

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com>.
Thanks Wendy and Brett!

http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/standalone.html

--
Wendy

Re: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com>.
Is there documentation on doing this?  I didn't see much in the way of upgrading aside from 1.0 to 1.1 and 1.1 to 1.2.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Re: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

RE: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by "Shelley, Ryan" <Ry...@disney.com>.
Would I have to re-configure everything after the upgrade?  Repositories and Users, etc?

-Ryan

> I'm reading up on how to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.1.  We currently have a problem where snapshots aren't being removed and I read that a bug was fixed to address this.
> However, the documentation to upgrade to 1.3 is a little vague regarding updating the field lengths in the derby DB.  I'm following the documentation here:
> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/upgrade.html

By far the easiest thing to do is just delete the database and let
Archiva re-create it.  (I think you need to delete the entire
directory, not just the contents.)  Will that work for you?

--
Wendy

Re: Upgrading from 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.