Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Fickes, Vic" <vi...@exchange.prb.net> on 2001/02/23 19:38:18 UTC

perform() called twice

Hi,
I am trying to understand the sequence of events that take place using a
simple test <html:form>.  When the form's action is submitted, it causes the
Action.perform() method to be called twice in the same request.  I thought
it might have something to do with the forward that is returned from
perform() so I returned null, and it still does it.  Is this the expected
behavior?  I don't think this is happening in the example application, so it
must be something I am doing, but I can't figure out what.  Any ideas would
be appreciated.
Thanks,
Vic

RE: perform() called twice

Posted by Neal Kaiser <ne...@makeastore.com>.
This is a little out-there, but, by any chance are you using Netscape 6
and Frontpage for your JSP editor?

I found a bug in Netscape 6 that causes a page to be submitted twice (when
actually pressing it once) if there are certain Frontpage META tags in your
page.

The solution for us was to remove the frontpage meta tags it auto-generates.

One way to tell would be by doing a tail on your access_log file. If you see
two
requests, then that might be the problem.

Neal

Re: perform() called twice

Posted by Anand Raman <an...@mymailbag.com>.
Hi Vic