Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com> on 2014/11/14 20:12:30 UTC

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2

This vote has passed with 3 +1 votes from IPMC members.

Here are the votes:

+1 (binding):
* Tom White (from podling vote)
* Stack
* Patrick Hunt

+1 (non-binding):
* Chris Aniszczyk
* Julien Le Dem

+0: (none)
-1: (none)

Thank you to everyone for verifying the release!

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Logging change suggestion

Posted by Jim <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I just had a commit to Spark accepted that fixes the management of
Parquet logging:

https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/3271

The Spark project committer (Michael Armbrust) suggested I mention the
issue to you guys. If you notice the code in Spark you need to bend over
backward to control/integrate Parquet logging into any other project
that uses Parquet. This is primarily for 2 reasons:

1) Direct use of java.util.logging
2) The static initializer in parquet.Log

I would like to suggest that slf4j be used. This will decouple the
choice of specific logger and allow the users of Parquet to specify it.
It will also make the use of the static initializer unnecessary.

Just a suggestion.
Jim

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Parquet Format (incubating) 2.2.0 RC2

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
The artifacts should definitely not have rcX in their names. I mentioned
this last time [1], but didn't notice it again this time (sorry about
that!). I think the artifacts should be regenerated and the vote run again
since we can't change the artifacts after the vote.

As Brock says, we should have a documented release procedure that each RM
follows. Ryan would you like to create one on the wiki using the steps that
you followed?

Cheers,
Tom

[1]