Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2020/11/11 20:24:03 UTC

Re: Wiki Publisher

Hi again,

After the release of AOO 4.1.8 it's time to bump this up:

I would like to publish our Wiki Publisher [1] as an official extension
on extensions.o.o.
Most likely I have all the needed rights but I would need some help with
setting this up.

@Andrea: Would you be available?

Regards,

   Matthias

[1] https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/wiki-publisher.oxt

Re: Wiki Publisher

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Am 21.05.22 um 02:05 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> ... skipped

>>> Did you configure your Wiki credentials in the options dialog?
>>
>> Yes I did, the options page can be seen at
>> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMYmStvrJNJjzpGnNkpBjaK_pnK
> Looks good to me.
>>
>>> But I am not sure about .odm. I only tried .odt and it worked.
>>>
>> I can see no way to tell the the extension to publish the any file
>> .odm or .odt.It may be something with my system so I will just copy
>> the odt and pdf files as we have always done.
>
> In Writer: "File - Send - To MediaWiki"
>
> But the extension can only "translate" a limited set of Format Styles.

Thanks Matthias. I can verify that it does not work on ODM files. For
know I will have to do something else to Publish the complete book. I
will open RFE in Bugzilla for the ODM format.

Keith

Re: Wiki Publisher

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Keith,

Am 21.05.22 um 02:05 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> ... skipped
>>>>>>>

>>> I tried this with 4.1.12 and all it does is install the options
>>> button, but no way to push the .odm document to the wiki.
>>
>> Did you configure your Wiki credentials in the options dialog?
>
> Yes I did, the options page can be seen at
> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsMYmStvrJNJjzpGnNkpBjaK_pnK
Looks good to me.

>> But I am not sure about .odm. I only tried .odt and it worked.
>>
> I can see no way to tell the the extension to publish the any file
> .odm or .odt.It may be something with my system so I will just copy
> the odt and pdf files as we have always done.

In Writer: "File - Send - To MediaWiki"

But the extension can only "translate" a limited set of Format Styles.

Maybe we can enhance it a bit, there are several Bugzilla issues open...

>> BTW: Is anyone able to delete my test page on our Wiki?
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Test-MS
>
> Page has been deleted

Thanks!

Regards,