Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Narayan, Anand" <AN...@e-gatematrix.com> on 2003/08/11 17:23:11 UTC

Difference between c.tld and c-rt.tld

Whats the difference between the runtime version and the normal version
of JSTL tags.
I was under the impression that if we used th normal tags
we could not use Java scriptlet code within the page.
Is that correct? Or can we mix the two even when using the normal
tags?

Thanks
Anand

Re: Difference between c.tld and c-rt.tld

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
On Monday 11 August 2003 12:23 pm, Narayan, Anand ANarayan-at-e-gatematrix.com |jakarta| wrote:
> I was under the impression that if we used th normal tags
> we could not use Java scriptlet code within the page.
> Is that correct? Or can we mix the two even when using the normal

Not exactly. If you want to restrict use of scriplet in the page, you could use the ScriptFreeTLV on JSP 1.2 (on JSP 2.0 you can configure that
at the web.xml level). I talk about it (and TLVs in general) in the article below:

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2004/02/04/validation.html

Felipe

PS: sorry for the "slightly late" reply. At the time you posted the message, I realized a lack of "googable" examples on how to use TLVs,
so I decided to write about it (but as you might figure, it took months to finish the article :-(