Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eddie Bernard <eb...@digitalthink.com> on 2001/09/04 23:26:54 UTC

Anonymous CVS

Has anyone else experienced this problem lately with anon CVS access?

% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
jakarta-ant-antidote
cvs checkout: in directory jakarta-ant-antidote:
cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or
directory

This is my firt attempt in a long time accessing the CVS repositories, so
maybe it's operator error on my part.  But I do seem to recall that this was
all I had to do -- am I wrong?

Re: Anonymous CVS

Posted by Nico Seessle <ni...@apache.org>.
> Has anyone else experienced this problem lately with anon CVS access?
>
> % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout
> jakarta-ant-antidote
> cvs checkout: in directory jakarta-ant-antidote:
> cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
directory
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or
> directory
>
> This is my firt attempt in a long time accessing the CVS repositories, so
> maybe it's operator error on my part.  But I do seem to recall that this
was
> all I had to do -- am I wrong?

If this is really all you have done it should work. But maybe you have
created a directory jakarta-ant-antidote manually before cvs checkout? This
in one cause for the error you are getting.

Nico