Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2008/07/01 22:27:46 UTC

Re: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Le 25 juin 08 à 13:24, Xavier Hanin a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Following the discussion we had already in April or May, I've
> reviewed all
> issues targeted at 2.0, postponed some of them, and target others to
> 2.0-RC1
> so that we can more clearly see what we need to do before releasing
> 2.0-RC1.
> ATM there are 29 open issues targeted at RC1, feel free to discuss my
> choices here.

I have done a little review, I didn't spotted anything weird.

I just saw that strangely tagged issue: IVY-552. I think we should tag
it fixed by IVY-399

> I'll try to spend time this afternoon to get some of those 29 issues
> fixed.
> I still think we really need to get a 2.0 final as soon as possible,
> some of
> the remaining issues are easy to fix, some may take a little longer,
> but
> with a good community effort we should be able to be done within a
> reasonable timeframe and enjoy a successful 2.0 version!

+1 !

Nicolas

Re: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:54 PM, jonathan doklovic <li...@sysbliss.com>
wrote:

> Any chance of getting IVY-819 on the list?

If someone provides a patch with the implementation, unit test and
documentation yes. Otherwise, I'd say no, Ivy 2.0 has already been delayed
for too long, our team is not big enough to do everything we/community would
like. But it doesn't preclude including this in a 2.1.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Posted by jonathan doklovic <li...@sysbliss.com>.

RE: IvyDE website

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
An entry in the TOC would be fine IMHO.

Erik-Berndt

________________________________

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>
wrote:

> Le mercredi 2 juillet 2008, Scheper, Erik-Berndt a écrit :
> > Oh, and one more thing: there is no link from the IVY site to the IVYDE
> > site (at least: I can't find it). So you have to know IVYDE exists,
> > otherwise you can't find it.
>
> Actually there is one:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/links.html
> But I agree with you, it should be more visible, maybe an entry in the toc
> ?

We should at least add a news about the new release on the home page. And
why not an entry in the TOC, but where...

> > Two minor comments on the newly published IvyDE website (regardless of
> > download locations):
> >
> > 1. The editor page
> > (http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/editor.html)
> has
> > a topic on Html rendering:
> > Ivy editor is a multi tabs editor. Located on the bottom of the editor
> you
> > will found a tab named preview that allows to view the ivy file as an
> html
> > file. (...)
> > I can't find this tab. Am I missing something?
>
> This tab has been disabled. I don't know really why as it as been done
> before
> in integration of Ivy into Apache.

It's beacause it was causing problems on some platforms (due to the use of
the swt Browser component, which is not working properly on all platforms),
and not really useful (it was just to have an xslt transformed view of the
ivy file, not that useful).

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: IvyDE website

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.

RE: IvyDE website

Posted by "Scheper, Erik-Berndt" <er...@sogeti.nl>.
Oh, and one more thing: there is no link from the IVY site to the IVYDE site (at least: I can't find it).
So you have to know IVYDE exists, otherwise you can't find it.

________________________________

Two minor comments on the newly published IvyDE website (regardless of download locations):

1. The editor page (http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/editor.html) has a topic on
Html rendering:
Ivy editor is a multi tabs editor. Located on the bottom of the editor you will found a tab named preview that allows to view the ivy file as an html file.
(...)
I can't find this tab. Am I missing something?

2. However, I do find the Ivy Report view (under show views in eclipse).
This is not (yet) documented on the IvyDE site, though it's very nice.

Regards,
Erik-Berndt

IvyDE website

Re: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Scheper, Erik-Berndt <
erik-berndt.scheper@sogeti.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe there are still a few other anomalies in the IVY roadmap (
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel
> ):
> -The 'unspecified' release, with 2 unresolved issues, 3 duplicates and a
> fixed issue.

Indeed, we need to fix that.

> -The '1.4.2' release which 2 fixed issues and an unresolved issue.

Actually we have a 1.4.x branch in svn, where the two issues have been
fixed. Maybe we could name it 1.4.x in JIRA, to make it slightly clearer
that it won't be released.  We can even add a comment on the version in JIRA
making it clearly stated.

Xavier

> IMHO these versions should be removed as they are never going to be
> released; the issues should be moved to unscheduled or RC1 as appropriate.
>
> Regards,
> Erik-Berndt
>

> ________________________________

RE: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Le 25 juin 08 � 13:24, Xavier Hanin a �crit :

Re: Ivy 2.0 roadmap

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>
wrote:

> Le 25 juin 08 à 13:24, Xavier Hanin a écrit :
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Following the discussion we had already in April or May, I've reviewed all
>> issues targeted at 2.0, postponed some of them, and target others to
>> 2.0-RC1
>> so that we can more clearly see what we need to do before releasing
>> 2.0-RC1.
>> ATM there are 29 open issues targeted at RC1, feel free to discuss my
>> choices here.
>>

> I have done a little review, I didn't spotted anything weird.

Allright, thanks!

> I just saw that strangely tagged issue: IVY-552. I think we should tag it
> fixed by IVY-399

As I said in my comment I only left it open with a clear title to let people
using 1.4.x find it more easily. But this issue won't ever be fixed in an
official Ivy release, since Ivy 1.x is not maintained at ASF, and Jayasoft
won't ever release a new Ivy version. So I think we can tag it as resolved /
won't fix (because the title targets Ivy 1.4.x only).

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/