Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 20:34:08 UTC

job submission between 2 YARN clusters

I'm at Yarn 2.2.0 release, I configured 2 single-node clusters on my
laptop(just for POC and all port conflicts are resolved, and I can see NM
and RM is up, webUI shows everything is fine) and I also have a standalone
java application. The java application is a kind of job client, it will
submit job1 to Cluser #1, once the job is finished, it will submit another
job2 to Cluster #2.

What I'm seeing is the job1 is doing fine, but job2 failed, I looked source
code, and found the NM in cluser2 was talking to cluser1's RM via wrong
yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address. How that happens? I just want to
make sure there's no such issue in real deployment.

--
--Anfernee

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
I thought you need set the following configs differently from two cluster:
"yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address": NM talks to this address
"yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address": Your application talks to this
address
"yarn.resourcemanager.address": Your client talks to this address

Of course, NM needs to be started at different "yarn.nodemanager.address"
in your two clusters.

- Zhijie

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Anfernee,

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Anfernee,

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Anfernee,

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: job submission between 2 YARN clusters

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Anfernee,

--
Zhijie Shen