Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 07:37:32 UTC

Re: dynamicQueues

That sounds very strange. Whether a queue already exists or not
doesn't make heaps of difference - either way your application should
start

On 8/30/06, Muzza <st...@amt-sybex.com> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> From our scenario we're using Webpshere to deploy an MDB against an AMQ
> dynamicQueue. This all works fine if the dynamicQueue is empty (will this
> exist ? has it been destroyed ?).
>
> However if we have planned maintenance and need to shut down our MDB and
> reconnect to the dynamicQueue that has messages on (verified via hermes)
> then our application doesn't connect or start.
>
> We're trying to establish if when using dynamicQueues will a queue be
> removed in AMQ if it has 0 messages, so the next time we connect we
> effectively create a new queue ?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated,
> Steve.
>

> Adrian Co wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's some documentation on ActiveMQ destinations:
> > http://www.activemq.org/site/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html
> >
> > To answer your question, ActiveMQ will attach to the existing one or
> > create a new one if not yet existing.
> >
> > Hope this helps. :)
> >
> > Muzza wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> If I specify a queue to connect to with the following external JNDI name
> >> :
> >>
> >> dynamicQueues/queue/testQueue
> >>
> >> and this queue already exists and has persisted messages on the queue,
> >> will
> >> ActiveMQ attempt to create a new Queue or attach to the existing one ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Steve.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: dynamicQueues

Posted by Muzza <st...@amt-sybex.com>.
Yes, I know !! I'm investigating further at present. So far have found that
this is not the case with AMQ 3.2.2, but will gather more info and get back
to you.