Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Achutha Shivaramu <Ac...@india.techspan.com> on 2002/08/04 14:46:25 UTC

Parameters in portlets

Hello,

I am fairly new to using jetspeed. I have a portlet entry in the registry
along with a few parameters, some of which can be modified by the user. So I
have made them visible in the registry. The user clicks on the edit button
on the portlet and modifies the parameter values. Then when he goes back to
modify it again later, the value of the parameter being displayed is picked
from the registry and not from the user's default psml which contains the
previous modified value. I have a customized 'customizer-portlet.vm' file
and I don't have a clue as to how to pick up the data from the default psml
of the user. Can anyone  help me out on this?

Thanks a lot in advance, Cheers, Achutha

Re: Parameters in portlets

Posted by Shava Smallen <ss...@cs.indiana.edu>.
	You might want to look at HelloAction.java that is
distributed in the source code.  This is what runs the
HelloVelocity example.  I found this to be really useful in
getting my stuff up and running.

Cheers,
Shava