Posted to user@struts.apache.org by zafer Mohamed <mz...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/04 18:24:13 UTC

[s2] Autopopupation of fields fails with "enctype="multipart/form-data" in form

I have a form with the enctype set to "enctype="multipart/form-data" as I am uploading a file, the form also contains some other fields. On submission the autopopulation of other fields fails, but it works correctly if I remove the enctype="multipart/form-data". Any idea..?

Thanks
Zafer

Get your own web address.

Re: [s2] Autopopupation of fields fails with "enctype="multipart/form-data" in form

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zafer,

I would:

1) check the archives of this mailing list from the last 2 weeks,
there was a thread about fileupload issues (parameters are not always
set from such form). One of the hints was to use some magical filter
in front of the application. It is supposed to clear sth.

2) check if you have any custom filter in front of your action - the
multipart parser requires a 'virgin' request object, without accessing
any params in it prior to multiparse analysis. If you try to operate
on the request earlier - multiparser is not able to finish his task.

regards
Dariusz Wojtas