Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/16 17:19:10 UTC

Calling all mentors

Hey mentors,

We've had an RC2 vote over on incubator-general and cc'd here for
days.  Please vote.  This is getting frustrating: we never did finish
the RC1 vote, before it got lapped by RC2.

Remember when I was explaining that the reason I was reluctant to go
through the full release process for betas and RCs was it would make a
mockery of "release early, release often," and I got slapped down for
that?  I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. :P

It really is demoralizing to go through this, and it does affect the
development process.  (We've fixed a minor bug in 0.4 since RC2, and
if the incubator release gauntlet were less of a total disaster we
would do an RC3, but as it is the sentiment is "screw it, it would
have to be a much worse bug than that to justify going through this
again.")

The RC2 vote was called on the 11th.  Ant voted on the 14th.  Paul
Querna from ASF infrastructure also voted +1, so we just need one
more.  It's been five days.

-Jonathan

Re: Calling all mentors

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 08:24 -0700, Matthieu Riou wrote:
> Sorry for the lateness.

Thanks Matthieu.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com

Re: Calling all mentors

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey mentors,
>
> We've had an RC2 vote over on incubator-general and cc'd here for
> days.  Please vote.  This is getting frustrating: we never did finish
> the RC1 vote, before it got lapped by RC2.
>
> Remember when I was explaining that the reason I was reluctant to go
> through the full release process for betas and RCs was it would make a
> mockery of "release early, release often," and I got slapped down for
> that?  I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. :P
>
> It really is demoralizing to go through this, and it does affect the
> development process.  (We've fixed a minor bug in 0.4 since RC2, and
> if the incubator release gauntlet were less of a total disaster we
> would do an RC3, but as it is the sentiment is "screw it, it would
> have to be a much worse bug than that to justify going through this
> again.")
>
> The RC2 vote was called on the 11th.  Ant voted on the 14th.  Paul
> Querna from ASF infrastructure also voted +1, so we just need one
> more.  It's been five days.

Sorry for the lateness.

Matthieu