Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com> on 2016/04/29 15:44:26 UTC

May Update

Last month can be found http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2016.
Here is the draft for this month. Please give feedback...

--------------------
Toree

Toree provides applications with a mechanism to interactively and remotely
access Apache Spark. It enables interactive workloads between applications
and a Spark cluster. As a Jupyter Notebook extension, it provides the user
with a preconfigured environment for interacting with Spark using Scala,
Python, R or SQL.

Toree has been incubating since 2015-12-02.

  1. Removal of LGPL dependency
  2. Ease of installation
  3. Documentation of APIs

aware of?

  TOREE-262 - Progress on removal of LGPL dependency

  1. Active communication in mailing list and gitter with early adopters
  2. Still working on transitioning users from Spark Kernel project into
     Toree.
  3. More external contributions being made

  1. Contrinue working with JeroMQ community to further their transition into
     MPL v2 and away from LGPL. 3 committers to go.
  2. Substantial effort in our build system to make Apache compliant releases.
  3. Addressing issues opened by community

Date of last release:

  None since incubation.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

  No new additions since incubation

Re: May Update

Posted by Gino Bustelo <gi...@bustelos.com>.
Sourav... I think you are replying in the wrong thread.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Sourav Mazumder <sourav.mazumder00@gmail.com

Re: May Update

Posted by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gino,