Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by james chen <ja...@yahoo.com.tw> on 2001/11/22 01:30:00 UTC

soap and tomcat

hi all:

could someone please help me with the following
problem.

I have just re- installed tomcat and apache SOAP on my
win98.

Tomcat is working ok on it's on and i have tested it
by going to
http://localhost:8080

but when I try to make it work with apache soap by
going to
http://localhost:8080/soap

it just tells the page could not be found.

I have tried adding the soap.war file to the webapp
directory in
tomcat and adding the following code in the server.xml
file. but
nither of them made any difference.

<Context path="/soap"
         docBase="/C:/soapStudy/soap-2_2/webapps/soap"
         debug="1"
         reloadable="true">
</Context>

could some one please remind me what are the changes
that has to be
made in order to make tomcat work with apache soap

thanks so so so much....

james c

< 每天都 Yahoo!奇摩 >  www.yahoo.com.tw

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.

> I have finally got tomcat and APache SOAP to work,but
> unfortunatly it didn't last for long.
>
> I couldn't remember what I did ( if I actually did any
> thing at all ) Normally. when I start up Tomcat by
> type TOmcat start in the command prompt, the
> tomcat.bat would just start a new command prompt
> window. Both window should stay open until the Tomcat
> is stoped
>
> But now, for some reason the second command prompt
> just disapearts after it displays a few lines.
> Coincidently, my tomcat just wouldn't work any
> more.The brower just couldn't finnd the page when
> erver i Type HTTP://LOCALHOST:8080

I am using Linux platform, so my suggestion is to change platform. :P

Anyway, I think you should make Tomcat as Windows service, which startup
automatically when booting Windows. And try to use IP rather than localhost.

Juguang

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org>.

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Miten Mehta <om...@yahoo.com>.
what ever new application you deployed after which you
noticed this behaviour roll back that changes and see
and then try to work it forward.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: tomcat start

Posted by Miten Mehta <om...@yahoo.com>.

tomcat start

tomcat start

RE: soap and tomcat

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.
Here's the installation docs:  http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html

You generally don't need to do both the things you did, only one of
them...but it looks like your docBase is a little whacked.

It's relative to the TomCat installation folder:

        <Context crossContext="false" debug="0" docBase="webapps/soap"
path="/soap" reloadable="true"/>

GL

RE: soap and tomcat

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.