Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/15 13:18:03 UTC

committer/pmc opinions needed for PR which is in limbo for NB 15 inclusion

Hello devs,

we got a last minute PR which would need more reviews till tomorrow so
that it can be potentially merged to the (likely) last RC of NetBeans 15.

NB 15 is in the RC phase which means we only merge bugfixes (but
sometimes there are exceptions if its discussed here, for example if a
new javac version overlaps with the RC phase). This PR is fixes a
"performance defect" and breaks up m*m*n complicity into m*n. It is
debatable if it counts as a bug or not. In my opinion there is not much
of a difference between a NPE and a completion window which doesn't
appear for 10s. The fix is also fairly trivial as you will see.

So please review for correctness first, and if you review mention in the
comment if you want to see this PR for 15 or 16.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4502

(see link to issue for all the graphs and more info)

thanks,

michael

Re: committer/pmc opinions needed for PR which is in limbo for NB 15 inclusion

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 at 14:21, Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we got a last minute PR which would need more reviews till tomorrow so
> that it can be potentially merged to the (likely) last RC of NetBeans 15.

Well, it's not in limbo now, it's in delivery.  Will be in rc4.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Re: committer/pmc opinions needed for PR which is in limbo for NB 15 inclusion

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.
I’m not an expert or PMC per say but…

From code perspective it seem simple enough and looks reasonable.

It sounds like this may really be a “part 1” with a follow up issue to come is that right?

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com (mailto:Ebresie@gmail.com)

Posted by László Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 at 14:21, Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So please review for correctness first, and if you review mention in the
> comment if you want to see this PR for 15 or 16.

This PR is now in rc4.

From a releases perspective, can I add that we really need correctness