Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Davies <ti...@ktsplc.com> on 2006/03/17 17:32:20 UTC

[m2] Problems with changelog-maven-plugin

Hi,

Ive just been trying to get the changelog plugin to work for my maven2
sites. I find that only template pages are being generated and I get the
following errors in the output:

[WARNING] Error loading report
org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport - AbstractMethodError:
canGenerateReport()
[WARNING] Error loading report
org.apache.maven.changelog.DeveloperActivityReport -
AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
[WARNING] Error loading report
org.apache.maven.changelog.FileActivityReport - AbstractMethodError:
canGenerateReport()

In my pom I have the scm defined as:

    <scm>

<connection>scm:svn:extssh:tdavies@192.168.100.204:/subversion/:Mapper/trunk</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:extssh:tdavies@192.168.100.204:/subversion/:Mapper/trunk</developerConnection>
      <url></url>
    </scm>

and the plugin configured with

    <reporting>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
              <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
              <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
              <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
              <reportSets>
                <reportSet>
                  <id>dual-report</id>
                  <configuration>
                    <type>range</type>
                    <range>30</range>
                  </configuration>
                  <reports>
                    <report>changelog</report>
                    <report>file-activity</report>
                    <report>dev-activity</report>
                  </reports>
                </reportSet>
              </reportSets>
           </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </reporting>

Can anyone offer any advice as it would be nice to get this working.

cheers

Tim Davies

--
Tim Davies
Analyst Developer

KTS PLC: Service you can bank on
8th Floor, Finsbury Tower,
103-105 Bunhill Row,
London  EC1Y 8LZ
tel: +44 (0)20 7256 2300
fax: +44 (0)20 7256 2301

email: tim.davies@ktsplc.com
web: http://www.ktsplc.com

Re: [m2] Problems with changelog-maven-plugin

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
I see those errors on all sorts of different things and, though I am not
fully informed, I have found you can ignore them. The errors I means are
"canGenerateReport()" errors.

I removed the <reportSets> part from my pom and found the change log started
working. I was willing to live with that and ...

Thanks.

-- Lee Meador

On 3/17/06, Tim Davies <ti...@ktsplc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ive just been trying to get the changelog plugin to work for my maven2
> sites. I find that only template pages are being generated and I get the
> following errors in the output:
>
> [WARNING] Error loading report
> org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport - AbstractMethodError:
> canGenerateReport()
> [WARNING] Error loading report
> org.apache.maven.changelog.DeveloperActivityReport -
> AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()
> [WARNING] Error loading report
> org.apache.maven.changelog.FileActivityReport - AbstractMethodError:
> canGenerateReport()
>

> In my pom I have the scm defined as:
>
>     <scm>
>
> <connection>scm:svn:extssh:tdavies@192.168.100.204
> :/subversion/:Mapper/trunk</connection>
>
> <developerConnection>scm:svn:extssh:tdavies@192.168.100.204
> :/subversion/:Mapper/trunk</developerConnection>
>       <url></url>
>     </scm>
>
> and the plugin configured with
>
>     <reporting>
>         <plugins>
>             <plugin>
>               <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>               <artifactId>changelog-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>               <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
>               <reportSets>
>                 <reportSet>
>                   <id>dual-report</id>
>                   <configuration>
>                     <type>range</type>
>                     <range>30</range>
>                   </configuration>
>                   <reports>
>                     <report>changelog</report>
>                     <report>file-activity</report>
>                     <report>dev-activity</report>
>                   </reports>
>                 </reportSet>
>               </reportSets>
>            </plugin>
>         </plugins>
>     </reporting>
>
> Can anyone offer any advice as it would be nice to get this working.
>
> cheers
>
> Tim Davies
>
> --
> Tim Davies
> Analyst Developer
>
> KTS PLC: Service you can bank on
> 8th Floor, Finsbury Tower,
> 103-105 Bunhill Row,
> London  EC1Y 8LZ
> tel: +44 (0)20 7256 2300
> fax: +44 (0)20 7256 2301
>
> email: tim.davies@ktsplc.com
> web: http://www.ktsplc.com

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: [m2] Problems with changelog-maven-plugin

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
maven - 2.0.2
changelog plugin - 2.0-beta-1

-- Lee