Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Durfey, Ryan" <Ry...@comcast.com> on 2017/07/11 14:56:27 UTC

Configuration Management Changes for Tenant Self-Service

I would like to open an email list debate around how we achieve independent tenant service modifications in terms of the underlying architecture.  I heard several ideas as a part of the ATC conference and I wanted to tease those out and try to achieve consensus.

Configuration Management and self-service have become a hot topic with interest from multiple groups.  The biggest roadblock to tenant self-service is that network configs and multiple tenant service configs all roll out in the same monolithic update.  In order to continue forward we need to make these independent of one another.

This page can be used as reference to understand the ask including current state, near term state, and future vision.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TC/Configuration+Management

Ryan Durfey
Sr. Product Manager - CDN | Comcast Technology Solutions
1899 Wynkoop Ste. 550 | Denver, CO 8020
M | 303-524-5099
ryan_durfey@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>
CDN Support (24x7): 866-405-2993 or cdn_support@comcast.com<ma...@comcast.com>