Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2015/06/07 17:55:25 UTC

Board Report Draft

Hi all

<https://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20150617>

I'll send it around the 10th, please add/correct/modify/remove as you
see fit.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Board Report Draft

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-06-08, David Crossley wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 05:55:25PM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> Hi all

>> <https://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20150617>

>> I'll send it around the 10th, please add/correct/modify/remove as you
>> see fit.

> Is there a mistake with this paragraph of the report?
> "As more long running test projects have been added we needed to change vmgump's configuration back to perform four runs a day rather than three - where in fact we'll only manage two per day. A single run of Gump currently takes about eight and a half hours."

> Should it instead say "perform three runs a day rather than four"?

No, it is correct.  But maybe needs better words to explain ot properly.

> http://gump.apache.org/#When+does+Gump+run?

I've just forgotten to change this.

We switched to hours 0,8,16 earlier this year when a full run started to
take longer than six hours (it was 0,6,12,18 before).  By now it takes
longer than eight hours with the effect that we only started Gump runs
every 16 hours.  I switched back to four times a day so we at least get
builds every 12 hours.  It could have been twice a day for the same
result.

We could change the setup to "try hourly" but this collides with the
idea of one "official" run per day (the one starting at 0) as the only
run that sends out emails.

Stefan

Re: Board Report Draft

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 05:55:25PM +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi all
>
> <https://wiki.apache.org/gump/Drafts/BoardReports/20150617>
>
> I'll send it around the 10th, please add/correct/modify/remove as you
> see fit.

Is there a mistake with this paragraph of the report?
"As more long running test projects have been added we needed to change vmgump's configuration back to perform four runs a day rather than three - where in fact we'll only manage two per day. A single run of Gump currently takes about eight and a half hours."

Should it instead say "perform three runs a day rather than four"?

http://gump.apache.org/#When+does+Gump+run?

-David