Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Wei Shao <ko...@163.com> on 2020/09/09 10:40:59 UTC

Re: Configuring IoTDB when run programatically

Hi Chris,

When I was looking into issue [1], I discovered that IoTDB failed to load iotdb-engine.properties file on Windows.
It looks like in IoTDBDescriptor getPropsUrl() line 127, Windows file path like "D:\\path" will not be accepted by URL constructor, thus an exception thrown.

I've submitted a PR [2] for this case. Would you please take a look and check this PR? I suppose it is the same cause with your Windows VM failure.
Also, I haven't got a SprintBoot environment to test URLs like "classpath:path". It would be great if you could test the "classpath" scenario on your machine, in case it made some regression. :D

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-869
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/1714

Thanks,
------------------
Wei

Posted by Xiangwei Wei <wx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> I also noticed my PR wasn't merged as I submitted it.

Sorry, I made that change to fix the file loading bug in Windows and
ignored your original purpose.[1]

>     // If the url doesn't start with "file:" or "classpath:" it's
provided as a normal path.
    // So we need to add it to make it a real URL.
    if(!urlString.startsWith("file:") &&
!urlString.startsWith("classpath:")) {
      urlString = "file:" + urlString;
    }

I agree with the idea you proposed.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-874

Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> 于2020年9月9日周三 下午7:27写道:

--
Best,
Xiangwei Wei

Re: Configuring IoTDB when run programatically

Posted by Wei Shao <ko...@163.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your explanation.
I adopted your proposed solution in the PR. Please check.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/1714

Best,

Wei

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.