Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/09/21 02:55:17 UTC

More Moderators for solr-user ?

I haven't had a chance to read solr-user email in about 2 days, and when
looking at this list today i discovered a few emails thta were 2
days old awaiting moderation -- which suggests to me that we don't have
enough moderators for the oslr-user mailing list.

If anyone is interested in volunteering, please speak up.

the responsibilities of being a list moderator are fairly simpler:

1) you get an email anytime someone who is not subscribed to the list
(maybe because they are reading the list through one of the archives) or
is sending their first email after subscribing (i think) tries to send an
email to the list.
2) if the email is a legitimate solr related question, you "reply to all"
and the mailing list software takes care of the rest
3) if the email is spam, you ignore it
4) in rare cases, the email is something like a subscription request, in
which case you respond to a special "reject" address after typing some
helpful words into a special section of the reply.

#2 and #3 happens 2-3 times a day, #4 happens once ever few weeks.

all in all it's really easy, and really important to have lots of active
moderators, so new users see their questions show up on the list soon, and
don't have to wait a few days if i happen to be on vacation.

-Hoss