Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by 宋哲 <so...@cintel.net.cn> on 2011/05/25 09:26:35 UTC

can I use post-commit hook to produce a C header file?

I want to use post-commit hook to produce a c header file, so I can get the latest revision number from my c codec. But I can not do that because in post-commit hook script, I don't known how to put a header file into the repo.

$Rev$ can get a paiticular file's revision number, but I want to get the whole repo's.

Does it is possible? thanks!

Re: can I use post-commit hook to produce a C header file?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
Remember to Reply All when you reply so this discussion stays on the mailing list so others can benefit and participate.

On May 25, 2011, at 03:40, 宋哲 wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt:
>             thanks for your reply.
>
> If use work copy, that will work fine.
>
> But when I distribute my stuff, I prefer use "svn export",  which will not contain svn infomation in source file tree(for some configure file, it's strange with svn infomation).
>
> Iin this case, svnversion only output "exported", and no revision info.

I'm sure you can come up with a short script that you can use to create your distribution, which operates on a working copy (and thus can use svnversion), and ends up using "svn export" to, from that working copy, create an export that you can distribute.

Re: can I use post-commit hook to produce a C header file?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 25, 2011, at 02:26, 宋哲 wrote:

> I want to use post-commit hook to produce a c header file, so I can get the latest revision number from my c codec. But I can not do that because in post-commit hook script, I don't known how to put a header file into the repo.

In your post-commit you could create such a header file, but you're right, you cannot then write it into the repository. Well, you could commit it as a second revision, but that's fraught with problems.

> $Rev$ can get a paiticular file's revision number, but I want to get the whole repo's.
>
> Does it is possible? thanks!

The typical answer to this problem is:

http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#version-value-in-source

Re: couldn't svn rm a file aa@bb.com