Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <ru...@cord.dk> on 2013/01/31 15:04:56 UTC

modules.apache.org is changing!

Dear modules-dev list,
If you have been following the discussion on dev@, you will know that
the Apache Modules Registry, https://modules.apache.org is now changing
into a brand new site.

We are starting afresh with a new database (the old one will remain as
an archive) and new user accounts, to both rid some incompatibility
issues and some very outdated modules ranging back to 1998.

If you have submitted a module within the last two years, you will be
contacted shortly, encouraging you to resubmit your module. If you do
not receive this message, please do resubmit your module anyway ;).

With this email, I'd also like to invite anyone reading this to visit
the new site and give feedback; comments, suggestions, features to be
discussed and so on.

I'd also like to give moderator access to those of you who are willing
to take a few minutes of your weekly schedule to approve modules. If
you're willing to do this, and have a good idea of what a valid module
looks like (this shouldn't be too difficult), please let me know that
you're interested in becoming a moderator, and we'll sort it out. If
there are any objections to this, I'd also very much like to hear them
and get a discussion going.

With regards,
Daniel on behalf of the modules.apache.org team.