Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ramesh Natarajan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/12 02:04:41 UTC

cassandra in production environment

Hi,

 We are currently testing cassandra in RHEL 6.1 64 bit environment
running on ESXi 5.0 and are experiencing issues with data file
corruptions. If you are using linux for production environment can you
please share which OS/version you are using?

thanks
Ramesh

Re: cassandra in production environment

Posted by Ramesh Natarajan <ra...@gmail.com>.
- We are seeing DecoratedKey error during compaction. Looks like the
sha1sum of the data file doesn't match the digest file created by
cassandra. I dont have any clue where things are failing. It could be
either at OS level, ESXi HBA level, or the DotHill iSCSI raid layer.

- We are using sun JRE 1.6.29

thanks
Ramesh

Posted by Jason Wellonen <Ja...@cassidiancommunications.com>.

Posted by Peter Schuller <pe...@infidyne.com>.
>  We are currently testing cassandra in RHEL 6.1 64 bit environment
> running on ESXi 5.0 and are experiencing issues with data file
> corruptions. If you are using linux for production environment can you
> please share which OS/version you are using?

It would probably be a good idea if you could be a bit more specific
about the nature of the corruption and the observations made, and the
version of Cassandra you are using.

As for production envs; lots of people are bound to use various
environments in production; I suppose the only interesting bit would
be if someone uses RHEL 6.1 specifically? I mean I can say that I've
run Cassandra on Debian Squeeze in production, but that doesn't really
help you ;)

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)

Re: cassandra in production environment

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <je...@morningstar.com>.
What java are you using? OpenJDK or Sun/Oracle
(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html)?
If you are using OpenJDK you might try Sun.  Have you run diagnostics on
the disk?  It is more likely there is an issue with your disk, not with
Cassandra.