Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/02/12 15:34:04 UTC

Re: xsl:output vs. serializer

I think even if the serializer implements the
org.apache.xalan.serialize.Serializer interface, when you use the
TransformerHandler, the output is simply a contentHandler.  So you would
need to explicitly get the output Properties from the Templates object, and
set the properties in the Serializer.

-scott

                    h e n r i k
                    <henrik@xl-st        To:     xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                    udio.se>             cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     xsl:output vs. serializer
                    02/12/01
                    09:49 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

Hi All.

Question; if I use SAX to transform a document..

XMLReader->TransformerHandler->Serializer

...then does xsl:output (in the stylesheet) affect
the output if I set the output properties in the
serializer?

/ h e n r i k

Re: xsl:output vs. serializer

Posted by h e n r i k <he...@xl-studio.se>.

Ok, so the Transformer(Handler) does not add any method specific nodes,
like
meta-tags etc. It's all done by the serializer?