Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bob <to...@excite.com> on 2007/02/20 17:50:18 UTC

[s2] architecture question

I was just curious about the use of a servlet filter instead of a servlet as the entry point into the struts2 framework.  Does anyone have any knowledge about this design decision?  I'm just interested in what the pros and cons are of doing it with a servlet or a filter.  Thanks ahead of time.

Re: [s2] architecture question

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
The main reason was the ability to serve static files from the jar
(dojo, Javascript, images, etc).  It also lets you intercept JSP calls
as necessary.

Don