Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by jd...@apache.org on 2004/07/19 02:58:10 UTC

cvs commit: maven-components/maven-core-it/it0006/src/test/java/org - New directory

jdcasey     2004/07/18 17:58:10

  maven-components/maven-core-it/it0006/src/test/java/org - New directory

Re: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-core-it/it0006/src/test/java/org - New directory

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 09:29, Dion Gillard wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:12:54 +1000, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I'm assuming you are being sarcastic... which part do you have an issue with?
> >
> > Numbering the integration tests could probably be better served by naming them
> > appopriately to the test, but I'm not that close to the dev in that area.
>
> Numbering rather than naming is the issue. Seems a step backward.

Well, when there's 100 of them (or more) this will get a little
difficult and with a legend describing what they are for I don't see the
problem. This isn't for your typical Joe and the only thing that matters
is when someone tries to integrate a patch that they can run the
integration tests and see exactly what failed. This I intend to improve
so that the description that is associated with the integration is
displayed so someone tinkering around knows exactly what their patch
affected.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: cvs commit: maven-components/maven-core-it/it0006/src/test/java/org - New directory

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I'm assuming you are being sarcastic... which part do you have an issue with?

Numbering the integration tests could probably be better served by naming them
appopriately to the test, but I'm not that close to the dev in that area.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.