Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Insyde <in...@insyde.com.br> on 2005/07/18 19:47:15 UTC

Deployment using WAR files

Hello,

I have some questions about many people working in the same project and deploying using WAR file.

I belong to a group that is developping a web application and use TOMCAT to test it. At the beginning the deployment was done by copying classes, jsp, and jar files etc to the folder of our web application into webapps subdirectory of TOMCAT. Then we decided to use a WAR file. However there are many people working in the same web application and deployment using a WAR means to undeploy and deploy the whole web application. We thought that one possible solution could be to copy the components of web application  to the folder of web application as we used to do. But is that the correct way to do it ? How to could we deploy part of a web application using war files ? Is it possible to do it ? We wonder how people work in order to solve or minimize this situation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joaquim Roberto.