Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marc Dugger <md...@sunsetdirect.com> on 2003/05/28 19:17:07 UTC

system property

When invoking the goal test:test, I specify the JVM to fork.  However,
the system properties that I am defining with '-D' appear not to be
passed to the new JVM.  Here's my command line when invoking Maven:

$ maven -Dcom.susnetdirect.core.config.dir=. test:test

I'd like to set this property in a preGoal to test:test, but haven't
read about any way to do this.  Any solution would be fine.  Thanks in
advance for answers/comments.

Torque and Jelly:

Posted by Nicola Degara <ni...@wuerth-phoenix.com>.
Hi everybody!
I have an old Velocity script that gets data by using Torque from a
MYSQL database.
In the Velocity script I use some classes from a custom jar that will
interface the database.
Please tell me how can I do to save my old work using Jelly and torque!!

I need to get data from the db to show it (after a filter with my custom
library) where I need it through the use of Jelly tags!!
But the problem is How install my jar , How register torque plug in  and
How  call my classes from Jelly?

Thank you very much

Nicola Degara

RE: system property

Posted by Marc Dugger <md...@sunsetdirect.com>.
Thanks, Michal.  I had just found this blog entry before reading your
reply, but I'll post for the archives because it was very helpful:
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/2002/12/19.html

My maven.xml now includes:

<preGoal name="test:test">
        <j:set var="com.sunset.core.config.dir"
value="../build/classes"/>
        <!-- define the system property names to be passed into junit
-->
        <j:set
var="maven.junit.sysproperties">com.sunset.core.config.dir</j:set>
    </preGoal>

RE: system property

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.
Try to use: