Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/05/13 16:04:20 UTC

using ivy for resolving findbugs-1.3.8

Hi

I'm trying to get this findbugs dependency resolved using ivy.
And I want to use findbugs-1.3.8 and see that its available through com.google.code.findbugs
http://www.mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.code.findbugs

IVY  is able to resolve findbugs-1.3.8 but when It tries to resolve bcel-1.3.8 (which is a transient dependency for findbugs-1.3.8) it fails with the following error
"
ERROR:    maven2: bad module name found in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/findbugs/bcel/1.3.8/bcel-1.3.8.pom: expected='bcel found='findbugs'  "

This is what I have in my ivy.xml file for resolving bcel

<dependency org="com.google.code.findbugs"
      name="bcel"
      rev="1.3.8"
      conf="findbugs"/>

Please help me resolving this

Thanks,
Giri

Re: using ivy for resolving findbugs-1.3.8

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
You get this error because the maven pom for bcel 1.3.8 is incorrect: it contains "findbugs" as artifactId while it must be "bcel" instead.

You can configure Ivy to ignore this error by adding checkconsistency="false" to your maven2 resolver in your settings.xml.
Cfr. http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.1.0-rc1/settings/resolvers.html#common

Maarten