Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2008/06/25 16:12:00 UTC

Local Lucene and Local Solr Donation

The creators of Local Lucene and Local Solr (http://www.nsshutdown.com/projects/lucene/whitepaper/locallucene.htm
) have generously agreed to donate these projects to Lucene.  Details
of the donation are at http://www.nsshutdown.com/projects/lucene/whitepaper/locallucene.htm

The Lucene PMC is working through the details of the software grant
(paperwork for the most part.)

In the meantime, I would like to open the discussion of where this
should live in Lucene.

The options are:

1. Split them up and make them each a part of Lucene and Solr and let
the committers of those projects decide where things go
2. Create a separate Geo search subproject under Lucene TLP with it's
own set of committers, etc. just like any of the other sub projects
(Solr, Tika, Java, etc.)
3. Other?

-Grant

Re: Local Lucene and Local Solr Donation

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
please disregard, wrong "general" list.  Darn email completion!

-Grant