Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2005/08/05 20:25:52 UTC

rc4 -- Website Update Left

I have completed all of the tasks needed to release rc4 - except for
updating the website.  While publishing the website, I ran into a couple
of issues. . .

I don't think I'll have a chance to get to this until Aug 6 or 7.  If
someone else would like to update the site, we can then send out the
release announcement.

Thanks,

David

Re: rc4 -- Website Update Left

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.
El vie, 05-08-2005 a las 14:25 -0400, David H. DeWolf escribió:
> I have completed all of the tasks needed to release rc4 - except for
> updating the website.  While publishing the website, I ran into a couple
> of issues. . .
>
> I don't think I'll have a chance to get to this until Aug 6 or 7.  If
> someone else would like to update the site, we can then send out the
> release announcement.

make sure you login to people.apache.org and change the umask of the rc4
files, and some of them can not be read by the script that rsyncs the
web site with the live server, and others should be group writable.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-492

Something like:

chmod -R g+rwx,o+rx /x1/www/www.apache.org/dist/portals/

should do, with errors in those files not belonging to you

Thanks in Advance
Santiago

--
VP and Chair, Apache Portals (http://portals.apache.org)