Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Christian J. Dechery" <ch...@finep.gov.br> on 2002/07/11 17:04:26 UTC

Why doesn't my classes see the oracle driver?

I had a webapp working ok...

I had it set like this:
$TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\fap\WEB-INF\classes\[ all my classes unpackaged here]
$TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\fap\WEB-INF\lib\classes12.jar <-- this is the Oracle Driver

now I want this:
$TOMCAT_HOME\common\classes\[all my classes unpackaged here]
$TOMCAT_HOME\common\lib\classes12.jar -OR- $TOMCAT_HOME\common\classes\[oracle driver unpackaged]

why can't this work??? When a JSP accessing one of my classes, the class is found but it gives me an error saying it didn't find the oracle drivers...

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| christian@finep.gov.br
.:| (21) 2555-0332