Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/17 04:25:32 UTC

Proposed first graduation step: Moving the repository

Folks,

Heads up: Now that we've graduated, I'd like to move the repository
from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lcf to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf.  This, of course, will
mean that all workspaces will need to do a "svn switch" operation to
change their path.  "svn help switch" should give you sufficient hints
as to how.

I'm planning to do the move tomorrow morning, as soon as Abe-san is
done producing a 0.5.1 RC0 release candidate.  Please object if you
want me to hold off.

[I'm hoping, of course, that I now have the proper permissions to do
this.  We'll see shortly.]

Karl

Re: Proposed first graduation step: Moving the repository

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I've gone through this list.  It looked amazingly similar to what I
thought needed to be done.  I've submitted what I believe to be
appropriate tickets.  However, we've hit a snag with the web site.
The reason is that we're being asked to transition to the Apache CMS,
which is apparently svn based and is just "CI for websites".  I have
no idea what that means.  I'm hoping somebody can clue me in and help
me figure out how to essentially point at a Forrest-and-Javadoc-built
directory and say, "publish this to staging right now".  If some other
project uses this basic approach I'd love to know, so I can purloin
their stuff.

Karl

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,
here is a post graduation task list that should be helpful:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#project-first-steps
Cheers,
Tommaso

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
INFRA-4802.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/17 Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>

> Looks like I don't have permissions to do this.  I suppose I would
> need to open an infra ticket?

Yes, I think so.
Tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/17 Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>

> Looks like I don't have permissions to do this.  I suppose I would
> need to open an infra ticket?

Yes, I think so.
Tommaso

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Since he's already done, I'm going to give this a try right now.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.