Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2006/08/01 01:39:00 UTC

Re: HTTP/1.1 server based on HttpComponents Core and MINA

On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Irving, Dave wrote:
> On the other hand, I believe that there is a huge amount which
> asyncweb
> can learn from the existing http commons work - for example, I suspect
> http commons provides a far more "robust" implementation of the spec -
> something Im very keen to work towards.

One area in which AsyncWeb can probably leverage http commons stuff
would be in cookie and other header parsing. I'm sure there are
others as well.

-pete

Re: HTTP/1.1 server based on HttpComponents Core and MINA

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 11:41 +0900, Trustin Lee wrote:
> On 8/1/06, peter royal <pr...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:21 PM, Irving, Dave wrote:
> > > On the other hand, I believe that there is a huge amount which
> > > asyncweb
> > > can learn from the existing http commons work - for example, I suspect
> > > http commons provides a far more "robust" implementation of the spec -
> > > something Im very keen to work towards.
> >
> > One area in which AsyncWeb can probably leverage http commons stuff
> > would be in cookie and other header parsing. I'm sure there are
> > others as well.
>

> Additionally, AsyncWeb is about server and http commons is about client for
> now.  I think we can do both side in parallel and see what can be shared
> between them as time goes by, but not right now.  It's good to have both
> client and server side, right?

Trustin,
This is not quite the case. HttpCore is generic enough to be used in any
tier: client, proxy or server. It is already used by Apache Axis2 in its
SimpleHttpServer.

This is all it takes to put together a simple HTTP server with HttpCore
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/trunk/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/ElementalHttpServer.java

Oleg

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6