Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Naveen Poddar <po...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 06:56:34 UTC

Manually allocate inventory to order

Hi,
I would like to turn off the automatic order reservation & manually allocate
the inventory.
Is it possible to manually allocate inventory items to a sales order ?
If yes where from the UI is such a feature available from ?

Thanks,

Re: Manually allocate inventory to order

Posted by James McGill <ja...@ableengineering.com>.
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Naveen Poddar <po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, the business I am trying to map requires me to be able to manually
> assign inventory items.

We ran into problems with the issuance and allocation logic because
our business has some extremely strict requirements on inventory.  The
issuance service likes to manage lots, will change owners, will merge
lots, etc.  In our industry we have some strict traceability and
inspection requirements, and we had to turn off most of this
functionality, and had to substantially change the order, shipping and
receiving workflow.  (The ability to do this customization is one of
our main reasons for choosing the OFBiz platform.)

The good news is this is quite easy to do, and almost all of the
related functionality lives in IssuanceServices.xml in the product
app.  It's important to also be aware things that go in on service
ECAs, such as balancing, changes of ownership in transfers, etc.

If you spend a little time looking at what OFBiz does with Issuances
and all the things that can trigger an issuance and also the various
event-driven effects of inventory actions, you won't find it hard to
adjust these things to fit your business rules.

It also sounds like you need to add steps in the user workflow in
order to provide the user a means of issuing specific inventory lots
to an order.  This is also fairly simple, as OFBiz customizations go.

--
James McGill
Phoenix AZ

Re: Manually allocate inventory to order

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
then set either the product store or individual products to
require inventory =N

BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Naveen Poddar sent the following on 11/18/2010 11:20 PM:
the

Posted by Naveen Poddar <po...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.