Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Chung, Sean Saehoon" <se...@cisco.com> on 2004/05/04 06:14:21 UTC

Using Logging Service.

Hi all,

I am trying to use Turbine Logging Service to write to a file.
I can get the logging going with the "relative" file name such as
"/log/turbine.log" or "../../../turbine.log" etc.
but how can I specify a absolute path ? something like
"/opt/logs/turbine.log"

My search on the web that everyone is writing to =/logs/turbine.log such as
below...

services.LoggingService.system.destination.file=/logs/turbine.log
services.LoggingService.system.className=org.apache.turbine.services.logging
.Log4JavaLogger
services.LoggingService.system.level=DEBUG
services.LoggingService.system.file.size=1048576
services.LoggingService.system.file.backups=5

Anyone tried with absolute path ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
Sean

RE: Using Logging Service.

Posted by David Demner <tu...@demner.com>.
Hi Sean,

What version of turbine are you using?  Are you starting from the TDK?  If
so, what TDK version?

Turbine 2.3 uses log4j for it's logging, which is configured in
Log4j.properties.  It looks like you are using turbine 2.2, which you might
want to upgrade to 2.3 (if you have the choice).  I've never used the
turbine 2.2 LoggingService so I can't help you there.  Sorry.

Good luck,

David