Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org> on 2020/11/03 10:48:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.2 - RC1

Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate (RC1) for Hadoop-3.2.2.

It contains *473[1]* fixed jira issues since 3.2.1 release which also
include many features and improvements(Please reference the full set of
release notes).

The RC is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~hexiaoqiao/hadoop-3.2.2-RC1
The RC tag in github is here:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/release-3.2.2-RC1
The maven artifacts are staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1286

You can find my public key at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS or
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/hexiaoqiao.asc directly.

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for 5 days until
2020/11/09 at 00:00 CST.

I have done a simple testing with my pseudo cluster.
* Verify gpg sign and md5sum.
* Setup pseudo cluster with HDFS and YARN.
* Run simple Shell/Job.
* Check the web UI of
NameNode/DFSRouter/DataNode/Resourcemanager/NodeManager.
My +1 to start.

NOTE:
A. Explanation about RC1 rather than RC0. After code freeze for RC0 there
are several new critical issues merged so create RC1.
B. Thanks Sunil/Wei-Chiu/Sammi Chen/Eric Badger for your very helpful guide.

Thanks
He Xiaoqiao

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12335948

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.2 - RC1

Posted by Xiaoqiao He <he...@apache.org>.
Thanks Akira and Sunil for your checks. Will prepare RC2 shortly.
Considering that HDFS-15643 has resolved and committed to 3.2.3, I think we
could backport to 3.2.2. FYI.
Thanks again.

Regards,
He Xiaoqiao