Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by sh...@raleigh.ibm.com on 1998/10/05 06:15:55 UTC

Re: os-windows/3015: .exe cgi don't work--500 internal error

Synopsis: .exe cgi don't work--500 internal error

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com
State-Changed-When: Sun Oct  4 21:15:54 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:
I just tried an exe cgi that was not wrapped in a bat
file and it worked great.  Could you please try to reproduce
your error using 1.3.2.  You should not have to wrap C cgi's
in bat files in order to get them to work..At least I can get
exe's to work directly with 1.3.2
Thanks for using Apache

Re: os-windows/3015: .exe cgi don't work--500 internal error

Posted by Bon <bo...@hknet.com>.
On 5 Oct 1998 shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com wrote:

> [you need to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
>

> Synopsis: .exe cgi don't work--500 internal error
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
> State-Changed-By: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com
> State-Changed-When: Sun Oct  4 21:15:54 PDT 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> I just tried an exe cgi that was not wrapped in a bat
> file and it worked great.  Could you please try to reproduce
> your error using 1.3.2.  You should not have to wrap C cgi's
> in bat files in order to get them to work..At least I can get
> exe's to work directly with 1.3.2
> Thanks for using Apache

here is my setting for the handlers

# To use CGI scripts:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .exe
AddHandler cgi-script .bat

and, the same, if I have the URL as "http://bonso/cgi-bin/a.exe?hihi=lolo"
return as:
Internal Server Error
Premature end of script headers

but, if I use "http://bonso/cgi-bin/a.bat?hihi=lolo"
work fine and return:
hihi
>>hihi=lolo<<
length is: 9

my script is a C++ program and use GNU compiler
the program is
== start ==
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

void main()
{       printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");
        printf("<html><body>\n");
	char *envstr;
	envstr = getenv("QUERY_STRING");
	if (envstr == NULL)
		printf("it is null\n");
	else	printf(">>%s<<\n",envstr);
	printf("<br>length is: %d\n",strlen(envstr));
       printf("</body></html>\n");
}

I am using Apache 1.3.2 (Win32) on a Windows 95 4.00.950.B machine
thanks for your help
: >