Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 02:19:18 UTC

Re: New Http Sampler and the GUI

On 27/10/2009, Ghania Ferrag <gh...@vantrix.com> wrote:
> Hi Every one,
>
>  I'm working on developing a new Sampler, the Sampler will invoke a remote components that are accessible only using Spring HTTPInvoker based calls.

In what way does this differ from the standard HTTP Sampler?
It might be simplest to extend / amend one of the existing samplers
(or perhaps the XML-RPC sampler).

>  I had more information from my manager today regarding this task and we have to allow to users add some parameters within the Sampler (like in Java Request Sampler) to send parameters within the http request.
>
>  I did follow the link on How to write a plugin for Jmeter, and extends the AbstractSampler  and also the BeanInfoSupport to create my new Sampler based on TestBean. My question is if I need more customized Gui or a complex property settings, like allowing to user to add parameters etc instead of extending the AbstractSampler class I have to extend the AbstractSamplerGui for more GUI options ?
>
>  I hope my question  is clear for you :) my goal is to develop this new Sampler that does the Spring HttpInvoker calls for a remote components.

Yes, but does it really need a whole new sampler?

>  Any links, ideas, classes examples to follow, your thoughts and advise are very welcome and appreciated and thank you all for your responses.

Have a look at the Example TestBean code in the examples/ directory tree.

Please don't include old e-mail threads in new ones ...

<snip irrelevant stuff/>