Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by patty <pa...@lexisnexis.com> on 2008/02/29 20:09:39 UTC

Derby holding onto file links after backup

I am using Derby 1.6.0.03 in embedded mode.  My application runs continuously
and processes large batch jobs.  With each batch job, I create a Derby
database on a local drive on the Solaris platform, and at the end of the
process, I shut down the database,  use the SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE
procedure to back up the database to an NFS drive, then shut down the
database again.  The problem I am having is that after the backup process
and shutting down the database, I still have links to the backed-up Derby
files on the NFS drive.  My application needs to run 24 x 7, but shutting it
down is the only way I have found to free up these file links.  Does
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE keep file links and, if so, how can I get
it to give them up?

Thanks in advance for your help

Patty