Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Rob Shepherd <rg...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/01 10:11:46 UTC

Integrating into the async event queue

Hi,

Just thinking about how to build out bits of our app in geode and will
probably find ourselves using the async queue as an integration point to
handle expiry notifications.

I’ll lump all my questions together for now :)

1. Is there an example of how to integrate other modules of business
software into the server component? Say I want to have a msg bus client or
a rest client in the processEvents routine what is a good integration
method? I.e component lifecycle? Managed beans? JMX etc and how would you
pass per-instance config through gfsh into these components? Is there a DI
container?

2. Is there a way of bringing up a cluster and maintaining it declaratively
rather than gfsh commands or is that the intention of gfsh scripts? I’m
thinking of how we get a cluster into kubernetes?

Thanks for now,

Best regards

Rob
--