Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yanbo Liang <yb...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 04:12:44 UTC

Re: Difference between RandomForestModel and RandomForestClassificationModel

The old mllib API will use RandomForest.trainClassifier() to train a
RandomForestModel;
the new mllib API (AKA ML) will use RandomForestClassifier.train() to train
a RandomForestClassificationModel.
They will produce the same result for a given dataset.