Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2016/01/28 15:30:28 UTC

Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Hi,

I plan to make a release of the three mentioned bundles on Monday. The
main drivers for these releases are the new ResourceResolver and
Observation APIs ([1],[2]).

If you have any comments on these APIs now would be a great time to
hear them :-)

Also, if there is anything that you think must be included in these
releases please let me know.

Robert

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4750
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4751

Re: Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 15:45 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > ...The
> > main drivers for these releases are the new ResourceResolver and
> > Observation APIs ([1],[2])....
>
> Just one thing, I haven't confirmed that yet but
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5463 (GetStartTest fails
> with invalid path) might be related to ResourceResolver changes.

Good point, I'll take a look at this test.

Robert

Re: Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The
> main drivers for these releases are the new ResourceResolver and
> Observation APIs ([1],[2])....

Just one thing, I haven't confirmed that yet but
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5463 (GetStartTest fails
with invalid path) might be related to ResourceResolver changes.

-Bertrand

Re: Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2016-01-30 at 15:53 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> I had a look at the modules now, and all looks good to me.
> Great work!
>
> I think, we need to solve SLING-5455 and SLING-5463 before a release.

Thanks for the review, now that SLING-5455 and SLING-5463 are solved I
will do a final testing run and then start the release vote.

Robert

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2016-01-30 at 16:01 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> We should also release the new servlets resolver as it's using the
> new
> API as well.

Ack, will include it ( as soon as I convince nexus to allow me to log
in ... )

Robert

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 16:35 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Robert Munteanu wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > I plan to make a release of the three mentioned bundles on Monday.
> > The
> > main drivers for these releases are the new ResourceResolver and
> > Observation APIs ([1],[2]).
> >
> > If you have any comments on these APIs now would be a great time to
> > hear them :-)
> >
> > Also, if there is anything that you think must be included in these
> > releases please let me know.
> >

> I would like to have a look at these bundles before we start a
> release.
> If I don't make it by Monday, can we move the release to Tuesday?

Sure, let me know when you're done.

Robert

Re: Planning to release api, jcr.resource and resourceresolver on Monday

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Robert Munteanu wrote